Science Rising is a network of partners and advocates that fights for science, equity, and justice in our democracy. Follow the movement at #ScienceRising.
Science Rising is currently gathering forces for the 2020 election to highlight the importance of science and technology in our democracy, especially as a tool for justice.
This fall the focus is on voter registration and elevating your voice in local media. In January 2020 we will launch an events platform for people and partners around the country to post their Science Rising events and find activities in their area.
Take action now
- Join the Climate Strike. On September 20th, join the youth-let movement demanding urgent action to end the climate crisis. To participate:
- Find a strike near you and attend in person.
- Support the movement using resources to organize your workplace, promote on social media, and sign an open scientists’ letter in solidarity with the Global Climate Strike.
- National Voter Registration Day chat. Join the conversation with democracy scholars and scientists about voting rights, environmental justice, and why scientists need to vote. Tune in to #NVRD19 at 12pmET on September 24th.
- Get registered to vote. Elections matter. So does your vote. But you can’t cast a ballot if you’re not registered. Make sure you’re ready for the next election—and ensure your friends and colleagues are as well.
- Elevate your voice: Write an op-ed for your local media outlet and share your story, values, and call to action.
Join the movement
- Connect with a Science Rising partner organization in your area. More than 150 groups participated in Science Rising in 2018 as part of our work around the midterm elections.
- Science Rising actively welcomes new organizations and partner groups that want to help build the movement. To learn more, see our FAQ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.